Last updated: August 10, 2022
Information We Collect and Receive
When you use or access the Services, we may collect or receive personal information. The types of personal information we collect depend on the product or service you use. This information may include the following:
Information about you: You may provide us with information about you when you use the Services. This information may include the following:
- Contact Information: Contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Payment Information: If you choose to purchase one of our products, we may collect personal information to facilitate your purchase. This personal information may include your contact information and payment information or credit card number.
- Business Information: Business contact information such as name, phone number, or website and any contact information for your business.
- Professional Information: Professional and employment-related information, such as your resume, cover letter, and any other information you choose to provide in your employment inquiries or applications.
- Account Access Credentials: When you create an account through the Services, you may be asked to provide account access credentials such as a username, password, and email address.
- Location Information: If you choose to enable location services through our mobile app or mobile website, we will receive your precise, real-time location data. We may use that information to, for example, show you senior housing information that is relevant to your real-time location.
- Other: Any other information you choose to provide when you contact us or otherwise engage with us through the Services, including information you type into our chat features.
Information we collect automatically: We also may collect certain other information automatically when you visit the Services, such as the following:
- Browser and Device Information: Certain information is automatically collected by most websites, such as information about your device and your browser. For example, we may receive device identifiers such as IP address and MAC address, operating system type and version, and Internet browser type and version.
- Search Engine and Other Referrals: When a third party refers you to our Services, such as clicking on a link to our page from a Google search, or clicking on an online ad for our services, we will receive some information about your device and your interaction with the referring site or content.
- Activity Reporting and Log Data: We may receive log information related to your activities while using the Services, such as log files and pixel tags. For example, pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie and can tell us certain information like what content has been viewed.
- Location Information: We may receive your approximate location or data that indicates your approximate location, such as your IP address. If you choose to enable location tracking on our mobile application, we collect your geolocation information.
- Email Analytics: To help us gauge the effectiveness of our communications, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent or visited a link in those emails.
Why We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may use personal information that we collect about you for purposes that include the following:
- Providing the Services and supporting the features available to you.
- Personalizing your digital and mobile experience with us, such as enhancing features and designing relevant alerts, products, or services.
- Understanding how you and our clients use our Services and to determine what features and services may interest you and our clients.
- Operating and improving our organization and our services.
- To communicate with you and others, including responding to requests and providing promotional content.
- To allow you to purchase products or services.
- For our recruitment and hiring purposes, including evaluating and processing your employment application.
- For us and our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties to target, offer, market, or advertise products, programs, or services.
- Troubleshooting, de-bugging, and otherwise addressing issues that may arise with the functionality of the Services.
- Protecting the legal rights, property, safety, and security of records or information, our members and Service users, our organization and others, including detecting and preventing fraud, misuse of the Services, and other unauthorized activity.
- Complying with industry standards, applicable law, judicial process, any properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, or any subpoena or summons issued by a competent authority.
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
We also may aggregate or de-identify personal information by removing any details that identify you personally. Aggregated or de-identified information will not be subject to this Policy and will be used to the extent permissible under applicable law.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may disclose personal information:
- To our affiliates or business partners, such as to offer, market, or advertise products, programs, or services to you.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization and the Services. We take commercially reasonable steps designed to ensure that these third parties protect your personal information in a manner consistent with the terms of this Policy.
- To government agencies or others as necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, and consistent with other purposes authorized by law.
- To other organizations, such as a buyer or other successor in interest, in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale, exchange, or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- We also will disclose information for any purpose or to any organization that you authorize or permit, such as when we request your consent to share information and you agree.
We respect your privacy and offer choices regarding our collection and use of your personal information.
- You may choose not to provide the personal information we request. However, not providing information we request may restrict your ability to use certain features of the Services. For example, we will not be able to provide you with some of the features available through our Services if you do not submit your email address or register as a user.
- You may opt out of location services through our website and mobile app by changing your device settings to prohibit location tracking or blocking our app from collecting your location data.
- You may opt out of our push notice using your device settings.
- You may opt out of promotional emails and text messages using the opt-out mechanism provided with those messages.
- You may be able to restrict the collection of personal information or functionality through your device’s operating system or by disabling cookies but doing so may prevent you from using the functionality of the Services. Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that let you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time the Services do not respond to browser “do not track” signals. We may allow third parties to use the Services to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services.
We maintain safeguards intended to protect the personal information collected through the Services. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. The security of your personal information also depends on you. You should keep your access credential confidential and make sure your devices and software are up-to-date to ensure the latest security measures are installed.
We use third-party payment card processors for payment processing. Your payment information is delivered directly from the browser to the payment card processors, who handle your payment card data subject to industry standards regarding security. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account, purchase history, and device. If you have created an account, please safeguard and do not share your access credentials.
Links to Other Websites and Services
We may provide links to other websites and services for your convenience. Those sites and services are not subject to this Policy. The operators of the linked websites and services may have posted their own privacy policies that you should review to learn more about their privacy practices.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you. When we do so, we will update the Effective Date of the Policy, above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NIC MAP Vision gives operators, lenders, investors, developers, and owners unparalleled market data for the seniors housing and care sector.